Our Greatest Blessings

Monday, July 7, 2008

Our Family Reunion

Well, I am sorry that I have been absent for these last 10 or so days. I know that my whole 6 adoring fans have really missed me, and that makes me feel so loved. The reason for my absence is because my AWOL husband finally came home. He was gone for the whole month of June except for 7 days. He was basically gone all week long and then home on the weekends. Anyways, this was the first week that he was home since Macayla was out of school so we decided to make the most of it. Joe had the entire week off because we were supposed to be in Beatty, NV with some of our family, but with us getting wet and needing to do some repairs and with gas prices what they are we couldn't afford it. So, we stayed in the area and filled our week with all sorts of activites, we went to the movies and saw Wall-E, which we loved. We went to Chuck E Cheeses, we went swimming, shopping, and of course to the local parks. We ate our favorite summer treats, snow cones, and tried out some new restraunts. We just had a lot of fun, the kids haven't been able to spend this much time with Joe since Christmas so they were loving it. And it was good for Joe and Everett to get to hang out. And of course in and amongst all this fun there was a trip to the the 24 hour clinic here in town. We were sitting around our table eating frostys when Elijah tried to show me his cracked foot. Let me back up a little and explain that when we bought our new table we decided that it would be a good idea and more efficient to buy four chairs and a bench with our table. So we have the two chairs at the ends, two chairs on one side, and the bench on the other. So Elijah was sitting on the bench and was trying to lift his foot up to show me the crack when he fell back and somehow twisted so that the side of his face hit the tile floor. He was wearing his glasses and totally tweaked them up.....see
He tweaked his glasses and they went right into his forhead, you can see where the hinge part is next to his wound. Anyways, his face was bleeding and Joe and I couldn't see where it ended so I got up and took him to the clinic. A really good thing about living in a small town is that there was noone else in the waiting room and we were in and out in 1 hour. He didn't have to get stitches because it was a small puncture. When it was clean you could tell it was pretty deep, but it was no bigger then if you stuck a pencil tip in his head. The Dr. but a steri strip on it and then a bandaid and sent us on our way. Here is a picture of Elijah's wound, you can see where he is bruising on his cheek bone and under his eye. He looked pretty banged up the next couple days.

We took Elijah into Eyemasters to get some new glasses and while we were there I asked the Opthomologist could check Macayla's eyes because I have been worried about them for a couple months now. Just a side note this guy really freaked me and Joe out. He kept saying how cute our kids were, but he said it in a way that made my skin crawl, we will definetely not be going back to him to get our eyes checked again. He took us right in and then after checking our insurance and saw that we all got free eye exams he gave us all one. We all passed except Macayla....here she is with her way cute new glasses.

I think she looks really good in them, but it is like pulling teeth to keep them on her face. She has even lost them once already, we only got them 5 days ago.
So that was our fun filled week and why I didn't update my blog, but thanks for checking in to see if I had, it makes me feel so loved. We did have an awful lot of fun it was really great being a family again after being apart. But as always, Joe and I are just really grateful that the separations are not for 6 months and he is not going into a danger zone.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Oh Steph, I am glad to hear that you guys are doing well. I happy that you guys had such a great week together. It is so much nicer when your husband is home. I know that to be very true. When I first had Brayden I used to cry every time Mike went to work. I know that it wasn't 6 months at a time, but you know the long hours that he worked. Be sure to tell Macayla that she looks so cute and all grown up in her killer specs! Tell her that Auntie Meg has some just like that. Give Elijah a big kiss on his boo-boo for me. That poor little guy. We love and miss you guys!

Johnsons Away said...

WOw! Everything sounds great, I'm so glad that you got to have Joe home for so long. I'm sure the kids preferred staying there then driving for 14 hours and having to share their dad. Please give Elijah another kiss for his Auntie Brookie and I also love Macayla's glasses. They are so cute on her. We love you and miss you! I did miss your updates, you always have a way of saying the funniest things :)

Jen Johnson said...

Wow! Lots has been going on with you guys! BUSY BUSY BUSY! Tell my boyfriend that I hope his head feels better! And tell Macayla that her glasses make her look beautiful! I love you guys!