Our Greatest Blessings

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Husband Tag

I was tagged by Meagan and I am really excited about this because I get to tell you all the things that I love about my hubby! Things like this picture above. He was getting ready to mow the lawn and decided that he needed to wear his big boots and then when he was all ready he asks if I wanted to take a picture of him for my blog, why not, and it worked perfectly with this tag, now you can all see the man I love as only I get to. Oh, and this also gives me a chance to make up for all that spending I tend to do by telling him publicly how great he is.....LOL!
For this tag, I will tag: Elizabeth, Margie, & Mindy


1. What is his name?
Joe, Joey, Daddy, Honey, Lover (only in a Kathleen Turner like voice though)


2. Who eats more?
Joe, hands down.



3. Who said I love you first?
Joe did, we were in the car our in front of his parents house and he said, "I think I love you!"


4. Who is taller?
Joe is, by like 5 inches (Brownie Point #1)


5. Who is smarter?
We are both very smart when it comes to certain subjects, we can pretty much hold our own in discussions and things, but when it comes to the current events and such things Joe is because he stays updated on that more then I do. If it is not in the People's Magazine, or on the Disney Channel I probably haven't heard about it until Joe talks to me about it.


6. Who is more sensitive?
Surprisingly we both very sensitive, but of course being the girl, the tears flow easier for me.


7. Who does the laundry?
I do the laundry during the week and when Joe is home on the weekends we really helps out. He tries to give me a break whenever he can.


8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
Me

9. Who pays the bills?
Me


10. Who cooks more?
I do 95% of the cooking, but Joe really does help out when he can and of course if we do any grilling he is the one out in the heat and the bugs cooking our food, what sacrifices just for that great BBQ taste. (Brownie point #2)

11. Who is more stubborn?
We are both very stubborn, I guess it is that Aries in us.

12. Who is the first to admit that they are wrong?
That depends on the argument and who was wrong.

13. Who has more siblings?
Me I have 2 brothers and 5 sisters. Joe has 2 brothers and 1 sister.

14. Who wears the pants in the family?
Joe does, until I take them off! LOL


15. What do you like to do together?
We love to play with the kids, take them to the park or bowling, that is Elijah's new favorite game. We like to go out on dates and just hang out. Honestly, as long as we are together anything we do is great.

16. Who eats more sweets?
That depends on what we are having. I have the bigger sweet tooth, but if the dessert is something Joe really likes he will eat way more of it then me.



17. Guilty pleasures?
Joe loves chocolate and chocolate chip cookies. He thinks mine are the best!

18. How did you meet?
We met in the 7th grade at Vaughn Middle School....but he really didn't notice me as more then a friend until our Junior year of high school when he said I blossomed.


19. Who proposed?
Joe did, we were at Huffaker Park up at the gazeebo. I really think he did a great job at being original. He was standing behind me, put my ring on his index finger and held it out in front of me pointing to our star. Yes, we have a star, it was something we or at least I looked at when he was deployed and stuff, very much like the whole Fievel movie..."Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moon light....." The funny thing is after he went to put the finger on my right hand instead of my left, he was really nervous.


20. What is his best features?
There are so many features that I love I am not sure if I can narrow it down to which is my favorite. Hmmmm....I guess I would have to say his arms. There is nothing more comforting to me then when he comes home and wraps his arms around me, especially if I have had a bad day. And of course when he has been gone for a week or more it is very nice to be able to cuddle up and have him put his arms around me when we are going to sleep.

21. What are his greatest qualties?
One of the things I love most about him is that he is very much like my Dad. To a girl growing up there is something special about their Dad. My dad is amazing, he is someone that I could always depend on and look up to. He was not only a great dad, but he treated my mom with great respect and love. I hoped that I would find someone like him, someone that would treat me with as much respect, and put his family first. Someone that my kids would be able to depend on and look up to. When I married Joe I married someone very much like my Dad and more. Joe is selfless, a strong leader, and a great protector. He is the best husband I could ever have asked for. His whole life evolves around mine and the kids happiness and he never hestitates to put his arms around us when we need him. He knows that his time with us is sparing so when we are together he tries to make the most of it. Joe is an amazing dad, he never hestiates to get down on the floor and wrestle and tickle the kids. He is a wonderful husband and when he is by my side I feel like I can conquer anything. Joe is a great husband and father, one that our boys will be able to emulate and one that our girls will have as an example for what in life they should aspire for, just like I did.
Joe, I love you very much and I am really grateful that we have not only this life but the life to come to continue to grow closer together.

4 comments:

Meagan said...

Joe is an awesome guy, but I have one question - Where the heck is the flannel shirt? It would have totally gone with the whole outfit. Tell him next time I want to see him mowing the lawn in cowboy boots and flannel, lots and lots of flannel!

Jen Johnson said...

I totally agree with Meagan! Where's the flannel Joe? I thought that's what you liked to wear? Come on!

Johnsons Away said...

Joe is amazing and so are you. I can't get over how well all of us married. We are all very blessed.
It's too hot for flannel :)

Mindy said...

I had been checking your blog, but you caught me on a busy week. I'm glad that you commented me so that I would get an email and know to check. I see that Elizabeth and Margie haven't posted this tag yet so I'm not the only slow one. :-) Glad you and the kids had a fun time with Joe home.