So as everyone has heard by now we had a very big storm Fri night with rain, hail, and winds up to 70 mph. The hail in some places was the size of tennis balls, but I don't think we got anything bigger than quarter size. It was a very scary night, or I guess I should say morning because it was at 1:15 am when Joe woke me up screaming to take Everett and get in the tub while he went to get the rest of the kids. We were both very groggy and just heard this insane loud pounding noise all around us. I don't think I could ever decribe it to you, it was just so loud. And us being new to the area and new to tornadoes, we can only go off the signs that everyone else says and the one thing they say is that it is really loud. I am sure the mom and dad are thinking, "well did the siren go off because it is right behind your house?" I have found out that the person in charge of doing the siren doesn't always have to set if off. He can choose whether or not it is necessary. So anyways, we were sitting in the tub for about five minutes. When Joe decided to turn on the TV so we could keep up with the storm. Joe and I put the kids back in bed when we found out it wasn't a tornado and went out to the front room to find our tile by the front door covered in water. We went to put some towels on it only to put our foot onto soaked carpet. We had to move our couch out of the way so that it didn't get soaked. We went to check the garage and when we opened the door we saw the water rushing in . We felt so completely helpless, there was a small section that the water hadn't gotten to yet so Joe went over and got a couple things up off the ground. We closed the door and put a few more towels in front of that hoping the water would stay out. A little water did get into the kitchen, we think it seeped in from the living room and then from the garage. Luckily we got away with very minimal damage. I can not explain the feeling of helplessness you get when you see that you have no control of your surroundings. YOu have no control as to what happens to your things. I am greatful that we didn't receive more damage then what we did, I know that a lot worse could have happened. And of course we learned that we need a whole different policy for flood damage. As crazy as it seems I do think the Lord had his hand in this and protected our little family, because with how our house sits we really could have gotten a lot worse. We have learned from this experience and hopefully it will be enough to prepare us for the next storm. The damage we did get was soggy carpet with a soaked pad that will need to be replaced, a gargage filled with mud, and dented siding from the hail.
These are just two of the pictures that we were able to take. We took some of the garage and others of the front room before we discovered that our memory stick was still in the gadget we use to upload them on our computer. I just uploaded the pictures of our camp rock party Fri night, so we had to quickly snap a couple more and these are what we got.











9 comments:
Oh Steph. I am so sorry to hear about your flood damage. You guys handled it alot better then I ever would. I would have curled up in the fetal position and never got out of the bathtub. As you can tell, I don't handle those type of situations well. By the way, I loved the article of Joe and the kids. Best picture ever.
Hey, I finally got our blog up and running. I just haven't posted anything yet, but I will. So, make sure to keep checking it out.
That is just crappy!!!!! So sorry it had to happen to you. I am, however, glad that it wasn't a tornado and that you are all safe!!!
That does not sound fun or look fun to clean up. I am glad that you are all safe though.
So I finally posted something new on my blog. You will have to check it out. It will be fun to watch your blog and see what your family is up to.
Oh Steph that sucks, there is nothing worse than wet carpeting, glad to see the blowers they will help a lot. Boy Canyon Texas has put you through the mill. Keep your chin up.
HEy Stephanie,
When did y'all move to Texas? And where are y'all? Are y'all still in the marines? I believe it's been awhile since we've talked. What beautiful children y'all have! congratulations!
Love, Lisa
The president is Sandy Stanford, counselors are Angie Bryant and Judy Sepp and then there is me. It should be interesting and a lot more busy then achievement girls assistant, which is where I was put after Primary Chorister. Anyway, like you said, we do what we need to. And I am hoping it is a fun change and gets me a little more involved again with the women in the ward.
Oh and by the way, I have loved seeing the pics of you and your family. They are so cute!
Steph, your slacking on your blog. Whats going on? Love you guys.
Hey! I just found your blog and wanted to say hi. Sorry to hear about the flood. That really sucks. I hope everything is going good other then that! Tamara
Post a Comment