Our Greatest Blessings

Friday, June 20, 2008

Camp Rock Party

Tonight was the premiere of Camp Rock on the Disney Channel, so we decided to do a "camp" party. On the menu was hot dogs, roasted over warm coals. We didn't have a place for a fire so it was either this or a scented candles. We also had beans, watermelon and chips. To top things off we had smores for dessert and again roasted the mallows over the coals.
The kids really liked doing the roasting. The mallows didn't get as crisp as we like them since there was no flame, but they still tasted sooo good. I can't remember the last time that I had a smore, and this was the first time for the kids and they loved them.
We all had a great time and the "camp" party was great. Of course I can't say as much for the movie. I do have to say that it is not a favorite of mine. Macayla liked it, Elijah and Austyn lost interest in it after about 30 mins and I have to say that I only finished it because I kept hoping it would get better. The songs were ok, the best one I think was the one the Jonas Brothers sing together. My favorite character was the uncle with the british accent. Of course there wasn't enough of him though. So, I would have to only give it like 2 stars and that is being generous. But it did give us an excuse to make a special evening with our family and I have to give that 5 stars. Corny, I know, but I really do mean it.

2 comments:

Johnsons Away said...

That looks like so much fun. You guys are so cool to do things like that for your kids.

Margie said...

I have never heard of the movie but the party is a fantastic idea, you are so creative.