I know that it has been a long time since I blogged, but it is not for lack of events in my life, just not enough time or I just don't take the time....whatever it is there is never enough of it. This is just a quick update on what has been going on with us since I discovered that I was nothing more then a Disney hussy! The first picture is of Austyn's new earrings. We got her ears pierced almost a month ago and she was so good. She just whimpered a little bit, nothing like Macayla who actually assulted the lady piercing her ears....she kicked her!! This is also a picture of one of Austyn's new headbands. My friend Elizabeth came to my rescue after Austyn cut her hair and sent me these cute headbands. You can switch out the bow and put some flowers or other bows on it. She also sent us a pink headband, so we are pretty much covered for Ausytn's hair, THANKS ELIZABETH!!! It gives us a more options then just the 4 bows we had before!
Also, I don't have a picture of this, but Austyn has been going through potty training this last week. She has been doing a really good job, even sleeping through the night and waking up dry :) This has been wonderful for me and Joe because we once again have only one kid in diapers. Just typing this I figured out that we have been buying diapers for at least one kid since 2001. That is a stinking long time, I know that others have had longer, but man I hate to think how much money we have put into diapers in the last 7 years. Back to potty training, the one thing that has made this potty training a little harder is that we are down to one toilet. About 10 days ago we had some plumbers come out because the toilet in the kids bathroom would not flush. They worked on it for an hour even had it removed and out on our front lawn trying to get out whatever object was lodged in there, to no avail. They were done working on it considering it a lost cause so I asked them to break it so I could see what caused the blockage. There was a thing of toothpast that our kids had flushed. It was one of those colgate ones that are not a tube, but more like a triangle. It would not budge even after we broke it open. So we have been down to one toilet with 5 people using it. What fun, but as always it really could be worse. Well, that is just a quick run down. When I have more time I will post about Ausytn's birthday party we had and our fun little family trip to Lubbock. 








4 comments:
Your family is soo cute! I just found your blog through Natalie's. It's too bad we haven't kept in better contact, but it is great to see you are doing so well. I will definitely have to be at the next family reunion- I am soo behing on family news! It gets soo complicated with such a big family and with all of us living in different states. Anyways... I would love to see you and meet your family!
Love,
Kimberly
Welcome Back. I'm glad things are going OK. Are you guys just waiting to buy a new toilet then or what is that plan? The headband looks cute, and I can't believe she is waking up dry. Jaron still isn't doing that. He doesn't even last through a nap without a pullup. But oh well. I can't believe how big Elijah is getting and I'm glad things are going well with his leg and stuff. Love ya
I love the headband. I saw some like that in Truckee and then I wished I had a little girl. I guess I could still get them and just put them on Brayden. I'm sure his father would love that. I can't believe how big Elijah looks. They all are just growing up so fast. Tell Austyn that we said Happy Birthday and that her present will be coming some day soon, that is when I actually finish it! We love and miss you all!
Gosh that Elizabeth is such an awesome girl!!!! LOL Just kidding! Cute though. I will be getting the others from Jill tomorrow and will get them in the mail to ya!!
Post a Comment